Use this page to discover some of our Physical Therapy print and electronic books
Mouse over the Books tab and select a class title to view required and recommended titles for that course
You can always search the Library Catalog for additional titles
The best place to search for print books in the Jay Sexter Library's collection is in the Library Catalog. When searching for print resources in the catalog, look for items with a 3-column table under the title. These are physical items housed inside the library.
When you find physical materials in the catalog, pay attention to the information contained within the table.
Location - this tells you which collection the item is in
Items marked Nevada Reserve are behind the Reference Desk and must be retrieved for you by a library employee. These items cannot leave campus and only check out for 2 hours.
Items marked Nevada are on the regular library shelves, also called the "stacks." You can access these resources yourself, but please check them out if you want to take them home or outside of the library. These items circulate for 7 days.
Call # - this tells you where the item is on the shelf
To keep library materials organized and easy to find, they are given call numbers made up of letters and numbers. Call numbers will help you locate library items when they are shelved in the regular stacks and you can get them on your own.
Status - this tells you if the item is available for checkout
Items that are available for checkout will say Available in this box. Items that are checked out will have a due date.
There is more than one way to search for ebooks in the Jay Sexter Library's collection. Try one of the following methods:
Search the Library Catalog:
- Use the search box in the upper right corner of this guide, making sure the drop down box says Catalog. Alternately, you can go directly to the Library Catalog.
- Enter your keywords, and hit Search
- Ebooks will have the following icon in their record:
- Click the icon to access the ebook
Use the Library Databases page to find an ebook database:
- Start from the Library Databases page
- Type Ebooks into the search box and hit Search
- Choose an ebook database from the list
- Use the search boxes to enter keywords and find relevant titles in ebook databases
Use the library's Search Widget:
- From the library's homepage, click the E-Books tab in the search widget (the box at the top of the page)
- Enter one or more keywords into the search box and hit Search
- Your search results will appear in the Library Catalog and will only include ebook titles
- Click on a icon to access an individual title
You must log in with a username and password to access ebooks off-campus